Thursday, February 7, 2013

Digital Publication

I really love the National Geographic . From my perspective, it has a better version of computer than in the print. To begin with, it has clear visual hierarchy—different font sizes distinguish the importance of each topic. As a customer, I could choose my favorite topic just in three seconds, without wasting time. Furthermore, the images, which are key elements for a traveling magazine, seem to look better online. For instance, when watching a video or movie, we see vivid images moving around. Nevertheless, when they appeared on the paper, the hue of images is changed. Perhaps, it results from many factors, such as printing machine, paper quality and so forth. The truth is that we do lose some interests on it. When doing my project, I even found out that some slightly differences existing between my computer and my paper work. However, to be honestly, I cannot read the whole web page patiently. In fact, digital publications teach me how to use key words to catch the information as soon as possible. As a result, for me, a best way catching up the times is to update my knowledge and work hard in a traditional publication area.   
  


2 comments:

  1. One of the video presentations I love most in magazines like this is the 360-degree video that lets you pan completely around the location where the photographer was standing. It's a great example of "immersive media."

    ReplyDelete